Caribbean Weather

Monday, August 31, 2020

After five-week battle with COVID-19, GB native tests negative

Bianca Strachan, 32, a resident of Lucaya, Grand Bahama, received a phone call on August 25 informing her that she tested negative for COVID-19 after a five week battle with the virus.

The call came 13 days after she was retested for COVID.

“It’s cliche to say that a weight was lifted but honestly I had a headache the last couple days leading up to that night, and I promise you that as soon she told me that, my headache went away,” Strachan told The Nassau Guardian.

“I think it was just the stress of waiting. The pressure of waiting was literally making me sick. I was constantly thinking, ‘What if it’s positive again? What if I have to do another round of retesting and I got to wait another two weeks and before you know it I’m out of work for two months?’

“It’s really easy to say you should relax, you shouldn’t stress, but when you’re in the midst of that situation it’s very hard to actually do that.”

Although she recovered, Strachan said her body has not returned to normal.

“At the end of the day, I still haven’t gotten my sense of smell back 100 percent,” she said.

Strachan said she constantly worries about the long-term effects of COVID-19 on her body.

“I still have my moments of paranoia because it’s like I don’t know what the long term effects of having it will be,” she said.

She added, “I’ve been reading forums where there are countless people who said that even though they have tested negative and they have recovered their smell isn’t back for like months. You might recover but that doesn’t mean that your body goes back to pre-COVID instantly.”

There have been over 2,100 cases of COVID-19 in The Bahamas and nearly 800 recoveries. 



source https://thenassauguardian.com/after-five-week-battle-with-covid-19-gb-native-tests-negative/

No comments:

Post a Comment